We just love nibbling with friends. What better way to enjoy some time with your loved ones than with some garlicy and tangy Ahijo. We used foccacia bread with this as its FINALLY being sold at the local supermarket but a baguette will do nicely too.
- 1 cup of shrimp, peeled
- 100g chopped bacon (we used our pepper bacon)
- 50g chopped white mushrooms
- one yellow & one red pepper
- a clove of garlic
- some lemon
- random italian spice, salt & pepper
- focaccia bread
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
Time: 15 minutes
- chop up the bacon, mushrooms, peppers and garlic into nice large pieces
- add everything you just cut as well as a cup of shrimp to a small pot with about 1 & 1/2 cups of olive oil.
- bring to a slow boil for 5-7 minutes
- add a dash of squeezed lemon and a pinch of the Italian spice
- remove from heat and serve with some toasted focaccia bread
- dont forget the balsamic vinegar & olive oil dip for the bread as well!