Bacon and French toast? A dish that's so sweet and salty, it's addictive... ♪
When cooking Mr. Bacon's Apple Pie Bacon, the room is accented with scents of cinnamon! Our bacon is outstandingly delicious and it goes really really well with french toast! Try it for breakfast!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 slices of bread (6 slices)
- Egg mixture (1 egg, 100 ml milk, 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 10 g salted butter
Time: 20 minutes
Extra: Finish with maple syrup or powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Cut bread in half.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg mixture ingredients.
- Place the bread and egg mixture in a pat and let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the bread in melted butter. When browned, flip and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- When browned, serve.
- In the same pan, cook the finely sliced bacon over medium-low heat so that it does not burn.
- Top the French toast with the apple pie bacon topping and drizzle with maple syrup.
For something a little more... bacony.... cook the bacon first and instead of cooking the french toast with the melted butter, use the melted bacon fat.